- Little buddy has surgery this morning around 11:00. An adenoidectomy. Been there done that when he was not yet three. But they've grown back and are quite enlarged, obstructing airways and prohibiting ear drainage. So, here we go again. Asking for God's blessing. If you read this, could you do the same? Thanks.
- I chuckled at this GOP aide's attempted indictment against Ron Paul. Personally, I think he hung all the rest of them and aided in championing Paul's cause. Read for yourself:
"...the vote would be 434-1 -- he'd be the one, but he was the one who kind of put up the ideological goal posts -- this is where you should be if you're pure, and what we found is no one is really pure except Ron Paul," said John Feehery, veteran House Republican leadership aide.
- Last night we hosted a family who has endured three years of devastating challenges - the loss of a pulpit, the failing of a business, and the death of their firstborn son. They have been in the valley and are still coming out. But their testimony is powerful: God speaking to them in the night season, God answering their prayer to really understand the cross and its meaning and power, their resounding declaration of His great goodness to them. If you think of them, pray that as they press on through the valley of despair, the rich anointing that is visiting them will only grow in grace and power.
- Christmas has been slow to leave my house, if remaining decor represents "Christmas" to you. The tree is still lending beauty and light every evening. And every evening I say to everyone, "Enjoy it tonight - it's coming down tomorrow." Then tomorrow comes with unexpected twists and turns, and the tree survives one more day. Maybe we should trim it with hearts and call it a Valentine Tree.
- The semester is shaping up to be a traveling semester. We will study some Spanish, head to Spain and possibly the DR with our two students in tow. Home school ROCKS!!!
- "But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle [you]." 1 Peter 5:10
I think we forget an important part of this verse. It is not my favorite thing, this suffering stuff, but it seems to be a part of the package. We need to trust His plan in the midst of it, because He will perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle. He will. He is faithful to do good for His own. I am forever in debt to Him.
- The sun is shining. The earth is crystal. Mid-winter delights. Don't miss them! Live today, embrace the beauty at hand. You will not walk here again.